To get you on board, we asked the sustainable superstar for her top five green switches.
From clever travel to saying 'no' to more stuff, here they are.
1. Get educated
"One in six species is at risk of extinction because of climate change. It's one of the biggest challenges facing the world right now and it's so important that we are all aware of the direct impacts of climate change, so we can fight for the solution."
2. Reduce, reuse, recycle
"Buy only what you need, make the most of it and think about where it goes when you're done. Every year wasted food in the UK results in 14 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions, that's the same amount created by 7 million cars each year.
Think about what you can do - recycle, donate to homeless shelters, charity shops and sites like Freecycle when you no longer have a need for something."
3. More veg, less meat
"It's simple: we need to eat less meat. I've been a vegetarian for a number of years now and knowing the livestock industry is responsible for 14.5 per cent of global emissions (the same as the whole transport sector), it's important that we try to reduce our meat consumption.
Eating more vegetables is one of the easiest ways to improve your footprint – getting more fruit and veg into your diet is healthier for you and kinder to the planet.
Buying locally-grown produce is even better and eating seasonally is paramount – plus, it means that you're getting the right nutrients at the right time."
4. Think about what you buy
"Everything you buy has a footprint, so try to choose products that have been sustainably sourced.
Buy seasonal produce that's been grown responsibly, look for things with minimal packaging to reduce the amount of waste you're sending to landfill, and buy vintage when you can.
Remember: the largest part of any item's footprint often comes from production."
5. Travel smarter
If you can't walk, run or cycle to work, can you car-pool? If you need to drive, do it efficiently. Around 25 per cent of a car's total emissions are produced when making it, and the other 75 per cent when you drive it, so, if you buy a used car, you're automatically creating fewer emissions than if you buy new.
If you are buying a car, look for one with low emissions – and if you're lucky enough to be able to buy an electric car, even better.